We, at the Home Savvy Real Estate Team, created this user-friendly real estate website with you, the customer, in mind. Like most people, your home is the #1 financial asset you will own throughout your lifetime; therefore we believe it is crucial to help educate you, with information, data, statistics, and our professional experiences, so you can make the right decisions to benefit your family.
We chose to be in the real estate business to serve. That is the Home Savvy way. This website was created for anyone with interest in Durham Region real estate and any of the following criteria:
- You are interested in properties listed and located in the Durham Region.
- You enjoy researching or looking at houses, condos, townhomes, bungalows, apartments, vacant land, investment properties, duplexes, or any other form of real estate.
- You may be considering the purchase of real estate in the next 24 months.
- You like lots of up-to-date property information, including street addresses, pictures, maps, virtual tours, and more.
- You want a website that is responsive, reliable, and quick-loading (i.e. no waiting).
- Your questions are answered quickly and thoroughly from full-time, professional REALTORS®.
- Professionalism, morality, and ethics matter to you.
DURHAM REGION - Ontario
The Regional Municipality of Durham was established in 1974 and became one of four regional governments in the greater Toronto area. Durham Region consists of the following eight municipalities: Ajax, Brock, Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge, and Whitby.
Durham Region lies just east of Toronto in southern Ontario known as the Golden Horseshoe.
The southern portion of Durham is greatly urban and recently is experiencing rapid growth in all three sectors of residential, industrial and commercial. Northern Durham is mostly rural and enjoys a thriving agricultural sector. Northern Durham lies within the Ontario-designated Greenbelt and contains the environmentally sensitive Oak Ridges Moraine.
Area: 2,537sq. km
Durham Region Real Estate Market Trends
Durham Region, along with much of the Greater Toronto area has held steady, aggressive growth in 2016 with prices in Durham averaging 14.1% more since the end of 2015, where the average Durham Region home sold for $442,082 (includes MLS® statistical data through 5/31/2016).
- Durham Region Home Price Average 2015: $442,082
- Durham Region Home Price Average 2014: $391,692
- Durham Region Home Price Average 2013: $357,529
- Durham Region Home Price Average 2012: $335,991
- Durham Region Home Price Average 2011: $317,232
Durham Region Demographics
Durham Region Population:
- Census population 1991 - 409,070
- Census population 1996 - 458,616
- Census population 2001 - 506,901
- Census population 2006 - 561,258
- Census population 2011 - 608,124
- Total estimated population 2016 - 656,055
- Total male population (2014) - 320,881
- Total female population (2014) - 332,686
Durham Region Households (2011):
- Total number of households - 220,598
- Average number of persons in household - 2.81
- Average household income - $ 64,041
Durham Region Citizenship & Residency:
- With Canadian citizenship 582,845
- With citizenship other than Canadian 18,740
Durham Region Knowledge of Languages other than English or French; Top 5:
- Italian - 8,880
- Spanish - 7,830
- Filipino - 7,540
- Urdu- 7,005
- German - 5,840
Durham Region MLS® Communities
Oshawa: Beaton, Centennial, Central, Columbus, Donevan, Eastdale, Farewell, Kedron, Lakeview, McLaughlin, Northglen, Northwood, O'Neill, Pinecrest, Raglan, Rural Oshawa, Samac, Stevenson, Taunton, Vanier, Windfields
Whitby: Blue Grass Meadows, Brooklin, Downtown Whitby, Lynde Creek, Port Whitby, Pringle Creek, Rolling Acres, Rural Whitby, Taunton North, Whitby Industrial, Williamsburg
Pickering: Amberlea, Bay Ridges, Brock Industrial, Brock Ridge, Duffin Heights, Dunbarton, Highbush, Liverpool, Rosebank, Rouge Park, Rougemount, Rural Pickering, Town Centre, Village East, West Shore, Woodlands
Ajax: Central, Central East, Central West, Northeast Ajax, Northwest Ajax, South East, South West
Clarington: Bowmanville, Courtice, Newcastle, Orono, Rural Clarington
Scugog: Blackstock, Port Perry, Rural Scugog
Brock: Beaverton, Cannington, Rural Brock, Sunderland
Uxbridge: Rural Uxbridge, Uxbridge
Important Durham Region Links:
Region of Durham: Regional Council 2014-2018
Regional Chairperson and CEO:
Town of Ajax:
- Mayor Steve Parish
- Councillor Shaun Collier
- Councillor Colleen Jordan
Township of Brock:
Municipality of Clarington:
- Mayor Adrian Foster
- Councillor Joe Neal
- Councillor Willie Woo
City of Oshawa:
- Mayor John Henry
- Councillor John Aker
- Councillor Dan Carter
- Councillor Bob Chapman
- Councillor Nancy Diamond
- Councillor Amy McQuaid-England
- Councillor John Neal
- Councillor Nester Pidwerbecki
City of Pickering:
- Mayor Dave Ryan
- Councillor Kevin Ashe
- Councillor Bill McLean
- Councillor David Pickles
Township of Scugog:
- Mayor Tom Rowett
- Councillor Bobbie Drew
Township of Uxbridge:
Town of Whitby:
- Mayor Don Mitchell
- Councillor Derrick Gleed
- Councillor Joe Drumm
- Councillor Elizabeth Roy